Urology Acute Care Physician Assistant
At Hartford HealthCare, we strive for a balance of career and lifestyle. We offer a stimulating work environment that inspires Excellence, Safety, Caring, and Integrity. Join us in our vision to be nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care.
The Tallwood Urology and Kidney Institute Team
Hartford Healthcare Medical Group is hiring Physician Assistants to join the renowned Tallwood Urology and Kidney Institute. This team takes an Interdisciplinary approach, working with fellowship trained urologists covering specialty areas including General Urology, Men’s Health & Sexual Function, Pelvic Health & Incontinence, Chronic Kidney disease, Kidney Stones, Urogynecology, and Urologic Cancer, along with a wide range of conditions and treatments.
Physician Assistant Job Summary:
Physician Assistants primary duties will be to assist in the operating room and manage the inpatient census. This will include rounding on postop patients, seeing inpatient consults, assessing ER patients, pre-operative History & Physical’s, discharge summaries, and other duties as necessary to provide patient focused quality care. The Physician Assistants will be the “go to” person for Backus hospital for all things Urology.
This is an opportunity to 1st assist in the operating room, working with major cases including robotics, Lap, and more. Physician Assistants work in daily collaboration with the region’s top Urologist handling all facets of inpatient and operative work.
Full time, Monday through Friday and eventually rotating call shared with fellow Urology Physician Assistants.
Advanced Practitioners Enjoy
Newly graduated and experienced Practitioners are trained with on the job, classroom, procedural training, and extensive support of Continuing Medical Education (CME) through active programming, reimbursement, and sponsored professional society memberships. Licensure and certification reimbursement
- Extremely competitive salary
- Team environment with robust staff: less responsibility for room turnover
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Minimal call obligation with competitive on call compensation
- Innovative, scalable staffing models, including consistent surgical teams
Urology Physician Assistant Qualifications
- All applicants must be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant master degree program.
- Employment is contingent upon successful credentialing
- A Connecticut Physician Assistant license is required.
- New graduates welcomed and trained.
- Board Certified or eligible required.
- Urology Experience preferred.
- Robotics experience is a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com