Orthopaedic Physician Assistant – FULL-TIME &/ Per Diem
The Connecticut Orthopaedic Institute at Midstate Hospital is an orthopaedic center providing the highest quality of orthopaedic care to community. The Connecticut Orthopaedic Institute strives to provide its employees a balance of career and lifestyle. We offer a stimulating work environment that inspires Excellence, Safety, Caring, and Integrity. Join us in our vision to be nationally respected for patient care and most trusted for personalized coordinated care.
The Connecticut Orthopaedic Institute’s Physician Assistants team is a growing department which covers inpatient joint, spine and fracture care services.
Orthopaedic Physician Assistants are responsible for various functions including first assisting in the operating room, floor work, and consults. Physician Assistants will work in collaboration and with the supervision of Physician and Surgeons.
Responsibilities will include:
- Admiting patients. Perform and document complete H&Ps. Entering appropriate information and orders into the EMR.
- Ordering and obtaining necessary diagnostic tests including imaging studies and laboratory tests. Following through on interpretation of results and communicating them with the team.
- Pre-op, 1st and 2nd assisting in the operating room patients.
- Request consultations from other service lines, obtain appropriate work up and follow through on recommendations.
- Participate in daily rounds and assist with implementing management plan in collaboration with multidisciplinary team and attending.
- Enter, review, and update orders in EPIC, the EMR to include: PT, OT, Speech, IV therapy, medications, restraints, patient care, and discharge orders.
- Address patient and family concerns.
- Address nursing concerns.
- Document patient encounters into the EPIC including, but not limited to: admissions, operative, progress, event, procedure or discharge notes.
- Perform procedures as credentialed.
Physician Assistant Shift:
Full-time Physician Assistants will be required to work varying shift lengths (8, 10, 12 hours) totaling 40hrs/wk. Additionally, there will be a component of overnight home call.
Per Diem Physician Assistants will be required to work at least one shift every two months.
Per Diem Physician Assistants may work any of the following shifts:
Day shifts varying from 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts.
Night home call
Weekend home call
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Graduation from an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Program
License and Certification:
Licensure for Physician Assistant in the State of Connecticut
Certification from the NCCPA
BLS and ACLS required.
2+ years working as a surgical PA
First assisting experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions, and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills (including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
Considerable knowledge of anatomy and physiology; knowledge of the surgical procedures performed and the supplies and equipment used in orthopaedics. Knowledgeable in practices involved in patient care as it relates to different disciplines and disease states.
Knowledge of medications and their reactions and interactions; counseling skills; considerable interpersonal skills; ability to work independently; ability to work under pressure;
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
Good problem solving and/or decision making skills. Ability to make independent decisions. Ability to react and perform under strict timelines and/or emergency situations. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com